Parthasarathy Temple, Chennai

About Parthasarathy Temple

Parthasarathy was the name given to Lord Krishna during the Mahabharata. Parthasarathy means, the ‘Chariot Rider’. This temple was originally built by the Pallavas in the 8th century and was later expanded by other dynasties. But the major contribution came from the Cholas and later from the Vijayanagara Kings during the 16th century.

The idol here is carved out with a lot of detailing and authenticity. It has a moustache like the chariot rider had then, and the scars made on him by the arrows during the war have been nicely depicted.

Timing
4:00 AM - 11:30 PM
.

Visiting Duration
1 Hour.

Address
Singarachari Street, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
.

More Hangouts near by Parthasarathy Temple

3
2.73 km
This natural urban beach is the largest of its kind in India and second largest in the world. It extends over 13 kil...
Share:
1
Previously called as Egmore Museum, it is the second oldest museum (established in 1851) after the Indian Museum at ...
Share:
2
Constructed in the Indo-Sarsenic architectural style using the red stones, this is one of the oldest art galleries o...
Share:
1
This ancient temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and the myth is Lord Rama paid his respects to the temple here before...
Share:
1
This Basilica Cathedral is one of the 3 churches built on the tomb of Jesus Christ’s apostles. The church with its G...
Share:
1
3.15 km
Whenever you think of a peaceful and calm beach, then this is the one worth visiting. Situated around 35 kilometers ...
Share:
1
4.25 km
It is a temple constructed during 1975 - 1976 by the then Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu M. Karunanidhi. A 39 meter...
Share:
1
6.48 km
Located adjacent to Marina beach, this beach is popularly known as ‘Bessei’ among the locals and named after the the...
Share:
3
15.99 km
Madras Crocodile Bank Trust and Centre for Herpetology (MCBT), a non government organization established this park w...
Share:
2
Established in 1855 by the Nawab of Carnatic, it is India’s first public zoo and was called as Madras Zoo. In 1976 t...
Share:

Locate on Map

Back to top
Feedback